Monday 31 December 2012

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, its up the Hill I go!

So this morning, I climbed Mt Lofty for the very first time...yes I was a lofty virgin but I popped that cherry this morning, on the last day of 2012, heavy breathing and all....(clearly)

I nearly didnt get there however, thanks to the wonderful GPS...Or maybe its the idiot trying to use the GPS...we wont go there. I ended up in Crafers and travelled around there for about 15 minutes, yelling at the GPS as it says, "Do a U-turn"...Thanks Mr GPS, do a U-turn as I try and enter back onto the freeway....not likely...idiot like I said.

Anyways, after having a fit, a bit of cry and about three phone calls to a few unfortunate souls willing to answer their mobiles (I appreciate you answering more than I can say in words), I worked out I was in completely the wrong place. Yes, one would think if your climbing MOUNT LOFTY, you have to go to MOUNT LOFTY but alas this is incorrect. Who would have thought to climb it you have to go to the bottom at Waterfall Gully. So into the trusty (well not so trusty at this stage) GPS, I enter in the cafe which is apparently at the bottom of the hill (Im a landmarks person, not a roads name person) I made my way UP over the hill and back down, nearly getting cleared out by some moron who though it was appropriate to drive down the hill on the wrong side of the road!!

I finally arrived and thanked Lorna that some very patient ninjas were still waiting for me! I was soooo happy to see them!! I managed to snag an awesome carpark and we were off up the hill.

Oh my dear Lorna...this is not just any hills. I hate hills, whos bloody idea was it to trek up this monster...right that would be me. For anyone who has not done Lofty before, you have to do it, you have to have it on your goals list but bejezzes, I warn you, its not for the faint hearted. A number of times I had to ask Crouching Twig Ninja to let me take a breather so I could bring my heart rate down coz it was a constant at 177bpm. I thank you Crouching Twig for your patience. Im not normally a whinger but Music Pants Ninja, if she was there may of yelled at me for saying "YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME?" or "I THINK IM DYING" the times I did when I got the real steep bits. 

Towards the end, I got to see the gorgeous Ricotta Ninja and Cloud Ninja. Was sooo good to see their faces, miss you girls! Must catch up for Lunchies as a group soon I reckon!

After seeing some awesome faces it was onwards and upwards. Getting to the top is the best feeling. I seriously reckon I felt like Rocky when I got to the top, music playing in my head and all! Demon Ninja and PT Ninja were waiting (they went ahead and chatted the whole way, weirdos, whos got time to mutter MORNING to people!!).

HRM Check at the top:



Heres our happy faces:


Than we trekked our way back down. I like coming down much better. 

Total HRM after round trip - not to shabby!


I have since chugged a boat load of water, my legs are like jelly but man it was good to do it. I can now say I have conquered it and I now have a time to beat....in 2013 at least anyways...and no not tomorrow :P

So tell me, whats your best time up the monster?

PS - Happy New Year everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Well done, I am yet to get up that mountain myself, hoping to do it early 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally do it Nicola! Its definately a good challege and as much as I hate my legs today, I want to get up the hill again!! Happy New Year!!

      Delete