Saturday 2 February 2013

Learning to Love the Fall...

So today whilst having a quiet afternoon, I though I would go through some old songs that I had on our home server so I could add some new music (or old favourites) to my shuffle for tomorrows Dolphin Run. My music choice is kinda varied but most that are kept are ones that have lyrics which have some sort of meaning or have some sort of connection to different times in my life.

For the last 12 months, through my weight loss journey, I could seriously put together my own soundtrack, which one day I might just do. For now however, I found a song which is nothing short of perfect for how I feel right now and I honestly think a lot of people who are on the same journey as me, could totally relate :)

What song am I referring to, you ask? Well its actually not a real old song at all, however its called "Love the Fall" by Michael Paynter. Just have a read of the lyrics (youtube vid for your listening pleasure is below):


[Verse1]
I remember the time, when I was searching my mind
Just to find out if I ever define who I am,
Could I ever afford to consider being more,
I was sure that I saw all the world, but I keep wishing for more,
So I keep checking my direction, watching my own reflection,
And I'm still, still in connection with the way I wanna be
Did I behave, 'cause I've been stuck here for days,
I'm in a daze, had the chance to be your savior but I threw it away;

[Chorus]
What if I dive off the edge of my life and there's nothing beneath?
What if I live like there's nothing to lose just to die on my knees?
At least I know, I walked the door, I took the scars, I risked it all,
And learned to love the fall.

[Verse 2]
I could never see how it hurts, to feel the worst,
I'll never make it, even though how it hurts,
That I won't be that type of guy that never tried
That never took a chance, or took his moment to fly to be free,

You may be of the opinion that I'm making a wrong decision,
That I'm giving up the chance to live my life in your vision,
But I can't give up, no I won't give up,
Until you see that okay is never ever enough;

[Chorus]
What if I dive off the edge of my life and there's nothing beneath?
What if I live like there's nothing to lose just to die on my knees?( What if I live )
At least I know, I walked the door, I took the scars, I risked it all
And learned to love the fall.

I'm here,
My hands are cold, my heart is racing,( Yeah )
The only fear is fear of failing.

[Chorus]
What if I dive off the edge off my life and there's nothing beneath?
What if I live like there's nothing to lose just to die on my knees?
At least I know, I walked the door, I took the scars, I risked it all,
And learned to love the fall;And learned to love the fall.


So tell me, do you have a song that really resonates with you? What is it?

4 comments:

  1. I would probably say . The Fighter is a song that really resonates with me, I just feel like my journey is about fighting some of the demons and the haters in my life.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxV-OOIamyk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE LOVE LOVE that song! Its definitely one that really resonates with me as well! That and HALL OF FAME by the script! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk48xRzuNvA

      Delete
  2. I can't hear Giorgio Meroder's brilliant 'Chase' the theme from the movie Midnight Express without getting chills. I used to represent SA for the U18 Ten-Pin Bowling team and this is the song they played for the Nationals when the teams go introduced...love it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akyx5iu_z8Y

    ReplyDelete