Wednesday 6 February 2013

We are friends again...

So this morning I prayed before I stepped on the scales. Anyone following me knows, that the scales and I over this last 12 weeks have had a love hate relationship. Its been firey at times. They nearly have been thrown a number of times. I may of done a little dance this morning when I saw this:


I am finally under 75kg. HAPPY DANCE! Now Ive said that, Ive probably jinxed myself however its been 12 weeks in the making that number. Ive been on that lovely rollercoaster this whole round. I started at 76kg, Id get down to 75.6kg, Id go back up to 76.2kg, down to 75.8kg, back up to 76.6kg, down to 75.8kg and the pattern continued like this for the whole 12 weeks. I have however lost cms in this time, not large numbers but the scales always has me beating myself up! Its only in the last 2 or so weeks that Im starting to see it go down again. Since having my DEXA, I have been able to get my head back into some sort of understanding, grounding etc and have read heaps of stuff to try and get a BALANCE with my macro nutrients and what I need to do to get this fat off my arse (and guts)

I have know for some time that I have insulin resistance and in my last lot of blood tests, my cortisol levels have been higher which means the fat on my guts and arse are typically sticking like glue, which clearly means its been not playing nice. This last lot of blood test showed my insulin resistance is still in full flight even though Im coming down in weight and Im fitter than I have ever been. Dr said he will monitor it however could be why Im struggling a tad. This kinda concerns me as well seeing as Insulin Resistance is a precursor for type 2 diabetes and Im clearly smaller than I was say 12 months ago. Its odd balls but my doctor is aware and he is one I trust!

On a side note, operation get beautiful for brissie was in full flight yesterday. I went to get a spray tan...I came home looking like a chicco baby lolly....Its been rather hilarious. The comments were on a roll.

Firstly hubby ninja thought I had been in the oven to long.

Secondly, my father came home with a new bluetooth contraption and hubby ninja was trying to get it to work. Conversation went like this:

Hubby Ninja: Call "XYZ"
Bluetooth: Calling Weather
Dad: "that would be right, she looks like she has been in the sun to long"

PMSL

I honestly cant say right now Im happy with my legs because they seem a little patchy but i think its fixable! All in all however, after Ive washed it off, Im pretty happy with it. 

Not long now ladies! WOHOO!!


No comments:

Post a Comment