Tuesday 19 February 2013

WWTD Salad

Well yesterday was an interesting day. Besides the DOMS that took up residence in my butt (thanks Lofty!), my foot decided that a cramping/stabbing pain was the best option and I was left limping around the office and home all day which than rendered me a whinging ninja and wondering if I chopped my foot off, would that stop the pain. It would definitely make me think of something else anyways!! The pain today has since dissipated, but its definitely still angry. Lorna knows why or how this has happened, the only thing I can put it down to was I drank so much water on Sunday (as I felt like I was constantly dehydrated) that I flushed all the good stuff outta my body! Eh see how we go! Needless to say, my exercise was nonexistent. Slight fail but instead of beating myself with the noodle, I plan tonight to bust it out!

Last nights tea was a new salad creation. At the moment, when I create a new salad, my new mantra is "What would Tatum do" or WWTD. This ninja has been shire inspiration to me in every facet of my journey but when I was getting bored with my salads (Ive also just thrown the typical cucumber, tomato, lettuce combo together) I raised the question to her as to what she does to keep it interesting. Ive now learnt a few things and I dont think Ive had the same salad twice (except maybe an orange with chicken one, OH MY LORNA does this rock my socks!).

Last nights salad was Peach, Chicken and Walnut with lettuce, cucumber and avo. It was absolutely DEVINE! Check it out:

 358cals - Carbs 25g Protein 29g Fat 16g

If anyone was in Adelaide yesterday, you would know that someone has been playing funny buggers with Mother Natures thermostat again! It was hideously HOT! Im definitely not a summer person, I love the freezing cold but one thing I did reflect on yesterday was that since the beginning of my weight loss journey 2 years ago, losing close to 18kg, Im actually no where near as uncomfortable in it as I use to be. I walked (or should I say hobble in the vain hope the cramp would go away) in the heat yesterday just out of the city so Hubby Ninja could pick me up (because Adelaide CBD is a nuthouse and traffic nightmare due to all the buses) and I actually felt okay. Back not long ago, Id do this walk and grissle to myself the entire time. That miserable cow has definitely found somewhere else to linger because her voice was not inside my head yesterday. I was actually able to enjoy my surroundings and appreciating the park areas in Adelaide. Sometimes its the simple things that make you smile and its nice to stop and reflect on this.

So tell me, what have you been up to?

PS - If you enjoy reading my blog Id like to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or share my blog around! I love to meet new people and hear their journeys!



2 comments:

  1. I read!!! But I'm not a new friend. I'm an oooooold one :) - Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. your Blog is awesome... doing 12wbt and in ADL as well :) feel free to follow me too - Nicola

    ReplyDelete