Tuesday 26 February 2013

Sleepy angry puffer fish and falafel!

Ive hit a wall. Its big, nasty and wont move and all I want to do is slide down it and use it to sleep against. Im physically, mentally and just totally exhausted and I think I might be coming down with something. I feel flatter than tack. On top of this, I feel like a big angry bloated puffer fish and I am having a serious case of CBF. Even the old fav, JDFI aint cutting the mustard because when I say it to myself, "NOW GET YOUR SORRY BUTT out that door and go for a run", the curbs even look comfy and I could totally just lie down and sleep. The one thing stopping me, the fact I may get arrested for being an odd ball and I play on that fine line of sanity on the best of days!!

So Im being honest, besides moving a hell of a lotta boxes to project reno on my day off yesterday, unpacking my kitchen and breaking a sweat this way, I have not done any exercise yesterday and today, well did you read above? Now normally Id be wiping out my journal and looking at my excuses and how to combat my sorry arse, but seriously I think my body is telling me to take a day or two. My iron levels are bottomed out, iron sups not working or something coz Im also bruising like an apple thats fallen outta the fruit bowl.

I think also because of puffer fish feeling and the fact that yesterday was not my most proudest days eating wise (I STUPIDLY went UNPREPARED to project reno and convenience girl had fun yesterday, lets leave it at that), the scales will probably mock me and knowing what I have/havent done, I wont take a hammer to it. DEAR WEIGHTLOSS GODS, please let it just not have moved up and Ill be happy!

Difference between my mind set a few years ago and now, I know that tomorrow I will bust it out. I will kick some serious JDFI butt and Ill make sure to kill it. Im not off the wagon, Im simply taking a nap on the bumpy ride. LITERALLY!


This morning I made the decision to re-arranged our menu so we are having steak and mushrooms with veg. Gotta get whatever available iron into my blood I think. Damn my family history of iron issues! Hubby Ninja is happy - he gets a man meal - meat and three veg!

So yesterday was my day off and I spent it just doing stuff on my own at project reno and being productive. I wanted a day of just going at my own pace and it was so nice up there. It rainned all day and coz we have a tin roof, it was just glorious....if you dont look at the carpet anways (which btw is coming up this weekend). I managed to pull all the carpet staples up outta the kitchen area and unpack most of the boxes (cutlery etc are still in boxes as the boys have to change the sink over etc. 


Yes thats mostly tupperware!

After unpacking and being all reno-y, I went to the bike store to order MY BIKE! WOHOO!! Its on back order but I should have it by the middle of March! Around the time we plan to be actually in project reno! Sooo excited!

On other news, if your a regular reader (or friend) you know Im slightly obsessed with anything Falafel. Ive been hooked on this wrap I get from Food For Life and may of squeaked with excitement when I saw them on the menu this week. I thought I might give it a go and see if I can make em because surely its not hard. I did a bit of research and found that you can buy at supermarket, you can make from fresh (option out, my food processor at project reno and Im still at concrete jungle) or make with a packet mix. I went to concrete jungles woolies, no luck there on the buy freshish option so went the packet option (gluten and additive free btw) and boy is that a FAIL option there. 

I baked em up in the oven and they looked awesome. Looked being the word. They looked awesome enough to turn into hockey pucks which tasted like spicy dog biscuits although I think my dog may turn her nose at them to! They were soooo bad!!! I giggled (coz Im an idiot), spat it in the bin (coz Im all lady) and vowed I will buy them fresh. 

So being a ninja on a mish'on (<--see what I did there!! haha) I went to the city Woolies, no luck so thought, you know what Ill see if Food For Life has them, coz oh my LORNA theirs are heaven and I know they arent full of crap! BINGO! They sell them for $1 each. I restrained from buying the lot, I bought 10 and came home and froze them. Guess what Im having for lunch tomorrow :)

Also, look what I now have (shock horror its not Lorna!):


Now Im praying for winter so I can rock my yoga pants and pink top! Love it all! Thank you to the awesome sa crew 12wbt ninjas who have helped me track down my Mish loot! I dont live near a Big W, so they came to my rescue!

Hope your all doing well! Whats new with you?

Snooze ya later...zzzzzz

2 comments:

  1. They say moving house is one of the most stressful things you can do in life... coming from someone who did full time work, full time uni and moved house twice last year all while suffering four chest infections, a sinus infection, a suspected fractured rib and a round of steroids LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!!!
    Eat the right food and rest! x
    How are you feeling today?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all honesty, not much better and this week has now become a train wreak!

      Delete