Saturday 26 January 2013

On top of Mt Lofty, all covered in sweat.... :)

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY EVERYONE!!!

What a morning today was! I was up bright and early at 6am, dressed, ate and got in the car to walk another Lofty climb. Its addictive I tell ya. 

Playground Ninja organised the event and what a turn out we had. She coordinated it fantastically and she deserves a huge virtual high five! The turn out consisted of 20 - 12wbt members which was a mix of previous rounds, current round and the upcoming round! Was so awesome to see such enthusiasm to tackle Adelaide's premier hiking track. For those who dont know what Mt Lofty is about, here is a brief description (thanks to Playground Ninja for the information):

"The walk from Waterfall Gully to Mount Lofty is THE premier hiking track in Adelaide, where elite sportspersons come to train. It ascends 1263ft over 4km of VERY steep track, and is graded as 'hard' by the Department of Environment."

When I read this just now, I was seriously like WOW. I didnt realise that it was the premier track, nor did I know how many ft it was! Crazy school. 

Here is our awesome team of 12wbt members at the bottom of the mountain:


Today for me was NOT about PBs. I knew that we had many new faces amongst our group and I wanted to be the motivator and supporter. A few speedy ninjas made their way ahead and however I promised one very awesome lady, who I have now named, Determined Ninja, that I would not leave her behind. Determined Ninja was appropriately dressed in black and had never climbed Mt Lofty before so the aim was to make it to the top, however slow or fast she wanted to go. 

1hr and 18mins later, we made our Rocky appearance at the top of the mountain! xxx Ninja did fantastic and she had the fighting spirit of a ninja who never will give up! So proud of her!! 


Shameless selfie of the three of us at the top waiting for Playground Ninja! Excuse my "nude" face and squinty eyes!

Me and Determined Ninja! ROCKSTAR!!

Playground Ninja & Determined Ninja!

Water bottles were dropped on the way down. BUT IT WASNT ME this time! I had my hydration pack (totally recommend for anyone planning to hikes and climbs like this!!!)

Everyone who participated today was an absolute rockstar and should be super proud of what they accomplished today! Today showed me again that such an awesome program has brought together so many like minded FANTASTIC people. I genuinely believe I have made friends for life through this program and cant wait to do Round 1 with these awesome people!

Take note 12wbt, Adelaide is going leaps and bounds to get you to notice us! OUR NUMBER 1 GOAL - GET A FINALE IN ADELAIDE!!!!!

Oh and how appropriate to see this little gorgeous creature in a tree before we all left:


Love our Aussie Nature!

After all was said and done, I made my way home to get ready to go to the Farm. I was meant to have my massage but with our late start, time was cut very fine and I had to reshedule til next Saturday which works PERFECTLY because next Saturday, I am running the 5km Dolphin Run with one awesome 12wbt Ninja and a few others from our crew as well!

Ninja Dog thought it was appropriate to not sit in the seat like a normal dog but to do this on our trip to the farm:


She makes me laugh. 

On the way here, Hubby Ninja stopped at my favourite (soon to be local) fruit and veg shop so I could load up on Organic Milk, fruit and muesli for our stay. I may of thrown an organic yogurt in my bag for shits and giggles. I already have had one comment so far about organic product! The weekend has only just started!

Its been relaxing so far, I have my new Womens Health to read, Lola Berry's book to finish and a new one by Susie Burrell called "Losing the last 5kg" (http://www.susieburrell.com.au/) who is another well known Australian Nutritionist. Time has been also spent in the Veggie patch with MIL and Ninja Dog who rather enjoyed the grass (and was told off many times for trying to eat the veggies!):



and for those interested - dinner is safe. In celebration of Australia Day, its Roast Lamb and Veg. No alpaca on the plate :P

Hope you all have a fantastic long weekend! What have you got planned?

2 comments:

  1. The Determined Ninja thanks you oh great Sensai. Had an awesome time, even through sweat fogged sunnies. Will definitely climb the mountain again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL we totally were on the same page yesterday and I loved every minute of motivating you and getting to know you! You truly have a fantastic fighting spirit! Dont ever give up and even if you feel like you want to, come and chat with me :) Cant wait to go up that mountain again with you and beat the pants off your PB!

    ReplyDelete