Sunday 20 January 2013

She's Alive!!

Ive been AWOL...sorry but just think, Im giving your brains a break from my rants! :P

As you all probably know, two awesome things happened on Friday. Firstly, I got accepted into the uni course I wanted to do (Bachelor of Science - Health Promotion through Curtin Uni in WA via distance education) which means my life just became no life. The second is that I FINALLY FOUND A DRESS!! I can all hear you sighing "thank lornas, she wont whinge about it anymore" haha.

This is what it looks like. Its a Karen Millen dress:


So now to find some bright shoes and a clutch to match. I think Pink maybe the colour of choice but we will see. 

The weekend has been busy-ish but mainly for hubby ninja. We went up to our friends place on Saturday so he could help my friend do some reno work on his house...I however made friends with my pillow. For the last 5 days, I have had this persistent headache. Panadol doesnt seem to want to touch it. It come and goes as a full blown headache and yesterday afternoon I gave in and went back to bed for a few hours. As I type this, I can feel the dull headache getting angry again. So this post may not be very long. 

As such, no exercise has happened this weekend. I was meant to go for a run yesterday morning but the thought honestly made me want to bring up my dinner from the night before and I took it as a sign to take it easy and continue to hydrate and nap if I could. I have a dr appt on Monday morning so will ask him what he thinks. 

When we left my friends this morning, we got caught in the "Ride like Crazy" ride. I totally give kudos to the riders who had to pump those legs getting up some of those hills. It definitely looked like a ride not for the faint hearted. I could see the relief on their face as they come down the other side of a hill and said to Hubby, that it would be that relief and buzz as you come down the other side that would makes me push to the top. Cycling is never something I have tried besides RPM (which doesnt really count). Maybe one day, might need to add that to my list!

Today I had to put on my big girl panties and go to my pops 80th birthday (my darling sister who I dont talk, to was to be in attendance). I had organised most of it from the, invites and place cards, balloons etc and regardless of how I felt, I dragged my sorry self and put on a big smile. After all it was his day. All went went besides the fact my sister refused to talk to me. 

There was an overweight (and I mean very very large) 1 year old. I bite my tongue. Hubby Ninja read my mind and knew. Im glad we are on the same page on this topic. I wont rant about this today, but you all know my thoughts. 

After lunch, Hubby Ninja took me to a BIG W so I could purchase some much needed sports socks and for me to see if they had the Mish Bridges One Active Weight Bar! SUCCESS!! 


I also bought a new book called "the 20/20 diet" by Lola Berry who is a Leading Australian Nutritionist. Ive read some of Lola's stuff recently online (http://lolaberry.com/) and was going to buy her book off the inter webs, but it seems they have released it at Big W. Ill give you my review once Ive read it. 

So hows your weekend been? What did you get up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment