Wednesday 23 January 2013

See, I am human!

So this morning saw me have a hissy fit like a 2 year old not getting what they want. My scales nearly went out the window (or against the wall) AGAIN and Im really over the whole yo-yo roller coaster my body has been on. I admit my exercise has been on woeful side, the good old excuses book was out and Im trying to not beat myself up over that however my eating has been pretty spot on. So if anything, I would have at least expected a little loss for that, not a gain of about 700g!!! WTF BODY WTF!!! 


My real low point this week is that the dress arrived. It doesnt fit. I was not a happy lady. Poor hubby ninja. 

Im back to square one.

Its not easy seeing it either. It really is a mental game at the moment with me. I know it is and I seem to be on struggle street with it. I feel like I was on such a roll when I started out, I was busting it out on my own with no gym or trainer. Get into week three with no movement (or seeing a gain) on the scales, I started to lose that momentum. I get thinking if Im slaving it out and getting no results why bother? Than the old excuses creep back in...Im tired...Thats the favourite and one I just cant seem to say NO your not, JDFI!

I talk on here sometimes like I have all the determination in the world and honestly sometimes I do. I feel so motivated, I do it but than I get to Wednesdays and I want to pack the whole thing in.

I vowed that I would spend more time on the 12wbt site and forums....I havent.

I thought I could really do it on my own with no gym, no trainer. I honestly didnt understand how hard it is mentally. I do to much thinking in any said day, I like the idea of not thinking about it when I go to the gym. I miss group classes and I miss having a trainer.

So my resort at the moment to how I combat the issues Im facing - I get proactive and make a plan:
  • I had my bloods taken for a heap of tests. I have thyroid issues within my family. Its something I get tested every few years to see if its okay. Its always been on the iffy side which is why I "think" I have trouble dropping the kg. My body clearly doesn't function like everyone else.  I felt like the nurse was a vampire on Monday. I think they took something like 6 or so viles of my blood. Results I hope will be back by Friday. Will keep you posted!
  • Someone/thing in the universe, must of heard this whinge loud enough because as of yesterday on Scoopon, I got a deal for a place that does purely just classes, near where we are living. They dont do RPM but they do boxing, pump and Zumba. I bought one. I figure if its good, it might be just enough to get me through til we move. If its crap, well I only shelled out $9!
  • I have also booked in for a DEXA scan which I am having done today. This HOPEFULLY will be the mental kick in my arse, I need to push me to push myself harder. For those who aren't sure what this is, totally research it, the information is really amazing (Some info - http://www.measureup.com.au/body-composition and where I am off to after work - http://www.adelaidebodyscan.com.au/)
  • Im going to start planning again for dinners and lunches. I stopped doing this around week 6, but food wise I was doing well planning and ninja hubby liked having an idea what was on the menu.
  • Im reading information on foods (reading Lola Berry's book at the moment) and trying to be more creative with clean healthy food. I know my issue is I go to simple carbs because its easy and its due to lack of planning. I am the kind of person who likes to be armed with the information to help make a decision. One thing which does bug me is the fact that most food plans call for cooked lunches and breakfasts. I simply do not have time to do this (nor the facilities at work to cook lunch!) so I need alternatives for lunches at work! So any ideas, throw em at me!
  • Im going to spend some more time on the 12wbt forum page. Im going to make an effort to watch the videos. I will sign up for Round 1 as well and I will follow it to the letter. Im not gonna get into a bikini in April if I dont!!!
So tell me, what are you plans and ideas!? How are you going with it all?


1 comment:

  1. Could you possibly post how your DEXA goes, how much it costs and what the parking is like? I'm SERIOUSLY considering one as a confirmed before and after type of a deal but if it's out of my price range or travel capabilities I'll be dev'd. I really like your blog :) I can't find the energy to write all my thoughts, I just talk to myself instead lol

    ReplyDelete